- Initial interview to determine if I am the Doula for you is provided at no cost or obligation
- Two or Three prenatal visits to become acquainted, discuss your pregnancy, and any other questions or concerns you or your partner may have (one of these visits may entail accompanying you to a prenatal visit with your health care provider if scheduling permits)
- Fear Assessment to determine areas of concern surrounding your birth - with appropriate support and referrals provided to address concerns/questions
- Assistance with developing your birth preferences
- Unlimited phone/email support between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm if you are not in labor
- Backup Doula support - In the rare event that I cannot attend your birth, I always work with a backup doula - you may meet her prenatally if you wish. There is no extra charge for the backup doula support. My standard fee covers her services, should they be necessary.
- 24-hour on call availability 2 weeks before your due date until the baby is born (24-hour support at any time you go into labor)
- Phone support in early labor (please call me as soon as you think you may be in labor), in-person support once you deem appropriate or when active labor begins, support at home and/or at the birth site
- Ongoing support for the birth partner
- Continuous support throughout your labor until delivery - I will provide knowledge, physical comfort, and emotional support. My entire focus is to give you what you need, when you need it.
- At least one hour of postpartum care - After your baby is born, I will stay until you and your family seem ready for private time together. I will assist with breastfeeding as necessary. Usually, I will remain with you for approximately one to two hours after delivery
- 24 to 48 hours after birth, I will be in touch with you to see how things are going and to schedule your postpartum home visit.
- 1 Postpartum home visit - usually scheduled about 1 to 2 weeks after birth. At that visit, I can answer questions and spend some time with you and your baby. We will also discuss your labor and birth and your feelings surrounding your experience. At this time, I can receive feedback from you about my role as your doula and fill in any details that you may not remember clearly.
- Referrals for additional pregnancy and postpartum support such as breastfeeding assistance and newborn care.
- Additional postpartum visits can be scheduled at an additional $25.00 per hour.
In most cases, we require 50% non-refundable retaining fee at the time we sign the contract for services. The remaining balance is due 3 weeks before your estimated due date. Fee for services described above is $600.00. Services will not be refused based on ability to pay -- please contact us to work something out. I feel strongly that every woman should have access to a doula and I will do whatever I can to make that happen for you.
Other things to consider when determining how you will pay for your doula services:
- Medical Reimbursement Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts - These accounts are usually set up by employers. A medical reimbursement account is for paying out-of-pocket expenses for you and your dependents, and is funded by monthly pre-tax payroll deductions. The money you contribute to a medical reimbursement account is not taxable. The IRS provides a complete list of items you can and cannot claim as eligible expenses. In this scenario, you would need to set up your Medical Reimbursement Account prior to the birth of your baby. Most employers allow these accounts to be set up during their “Open Enrollment” time. We will provide to you an invoice that you can submit to your MRA/FSA provider. The provider will usually have their own forms for you to complete that you can get from your Human Resources department. You submit the provider’s form along with your invoice to your provider and they will send you a reimbursement check once your claim is approved.
- 3rd Party Reimbursement from your Health Insurance Company - Some insurance companies, though not all, provide coverage for your labor support or postpartum doula's services. Depending on your situation, you may be reimbursed for the cost of your doula. While we do not submit for reimbursement directly on your behalf, we will provide to you all of the documentation necessary for submitting your claim, including diagnostic codes, as well as our National Provider Identification number which identifies us to insurance companies as a health care or wellness provider. We will also provide tips and guidelines that have, in the past, resulted in successful payment of claims. We in no way guarantee that your insurance provider will approve and pay your claim, but we will do our best to assist you in any way we can.
Here are some major health care providers who have provided coverage in the past:
* Aetna Healthcare
* Fortis Insurance
* Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO
* Foundation for Medical Care
* Wausau Benefits, Inc.
* Professional Benefits Administrators
* Humana Employers Health
* Glencare Managed Health Inc.
* Lutheran General Physicians Org
* Elmcare, LLC c/o No American Medical Management
* Prudential Healthcare
* Great West Life & Annuity Insurance Co.
* United Healthcare
* Mail Handlers
Blessing Way - Adapted from the Navajo tradition of honoring life-altering events in the lives of their loved ones, a Blessing Way ceremony is to provide the mother-to-be with a big boost of encouragement from the love and support of the most important women in her life.
What to expect: The Blessing Way is a beautiful, spiritual event. There will be readings, candle lighting, and other personally chosen activities which will honor the mom-to-be as she is about to give birth. As part of the ceremony, we also honor all of our mothers and grandmothers before us. It can be an emotional and deeply rewarding experience for all who attend.
Blessing way activities may include:
Scriptural readings, promise box, music, quotes, birth vision, beaded necklace for mom to wear in labor, crown, basket of hope, service envelopes, pamper gifts and so many more...
Belly Up!: A belly cast made by layering plaster gauze over a skin barrier to create a 3-D form of your body. I use only medical grade plaster – the same they made casts out of when we were kids. It is perfectly safe and it creates wonderful results. The casts can be left plain, painted, decoupage, hung from a ribbon, used as a fruit bowl, wherever your imagination takes you!
You can choose from any pose you’d like to capture -- some people do the belly only. Others do various combinations including breasts, belly, hands on belly, partner’s hands on belly, shoulders, etc.
If you plan to take only one impression during your pregnancy, you want to aim for between 4 to 6 weeks before your due date. Some moms opt to capture one Belly Cast per trimester to see how their body is changing. It’s also a great way to show your children where they grew inside you.
I have heard a few other great belly cast uses – one family lined their belly cast with soft cloth and presented the baby to the family still nestled in the “womb”. Another woman used her belly cast at her baby shower as a guest book – each guest signed her belly and offered warm wishes for the new family.
Current price: $50.00
Bottoms Up! : We can make a Bottom Cast of your baby’s buns. Let’s face it, we all love those little cheekies! Why not take an impression that will last forever?
Current price: $50.00
~~ Please note that Bottoms Up! is best suited for babies that have not yet begun to crawl.~~
For your movers and shakers, we offer impressions of hands and feet.
First Impressions (0 to 23 months) : This process is very quick and can be utilized on people of any age. Our 3D impression material sets FAST, is non-toxic, medical grade, and environmentally friendly. Once the impression has been taken, the mold is brought back to our studio for completion. When we're done, you will receive a life-size life-like - exact replica of your infant's hands or feet -- in 3D! The best time to do this to get that new wrinkly baby foot look is within the first 3 days of birth before the babies are fully hydrated.
Current price: $50.00
Impressions (ages 2 to 92) : A larger version of First Impressions -- This process is very quick and can be utilized on people of any age. Our 3D impression material sets FAST, is non-toxic, medical grade, and environmentally friendly. Once the impression has been taken, the mold is brought back to our studio for completion. When we're done, you will receive a life-size, life-like - exact replica of your child's hands or feet -- in 3D!
Current price: $65.00
Gift Certificates: We also offer gift certificates in any denomination.
Photos appear courtesy of tlp photography.